To improve the capacity and efficiency of the Mombasa port, the Government of Kenya with support from Trademark East Africa (TMEA) constructed a new container terminal at Kipevu West. To support access to the Kipevu West container terminal, the Governments of Kenya and Uganda with support from TMEA are implementing the following projects:
- Upgrading the dual carriage of the 4 km section of Magongo Road, and
- Reconstruction of the Kipevu Road from 4 to 6 lanes.
- Malaba Road Project Uganda (approx. 3 Km)
Proess was engaged to provide technical assistance in the management of Environmental and Social Safeguards for Kipevu and Magongo roads in Kenya and Malaba port road network in Uganda.
Scope of Work
Proess was engaged to provide technical assistance in the management of Environmental and Social safeguards for Kipevu and Magongo roads in Kenya and Malaba port road network in Uganda.
The scope included:
- Reviewing technical documents such as ESMPs, RAPs, Decommissioning plans.
- Undertaking quarterly Environmental and Social Safeguards Reviews of the TMEA projects on-site.
- Developing safeguards monitoring reports based on the site visits.
- Advise on any incident of non-compliance and the corrective actions required.
- Reviewed technical documents such as ESMPs, RAP, Decommissioning plans for the Magongo Road Project (Kenya), Kipevu Road Project (Kenya) and Malaba Road Project (Uganda).
- Preparation of the Inception Report.