The Government of Uganda represented by the Rural Electrification Agency received grant financing from the German Government through KfW towards the cost of the implementation of power evacuation from Sindila and Ndugutu hydropower plants through interconnection to the national grid. The project is financing the connection of the plants through the construction and upgrading of 338 km of 33 kV transmission lines, construction of new switching stations, and installation of terminal equipment at Nkenda and Fort Portal (Kanyambeho) Substations in Western Uganda.
Lot A: – Construction of a new 104 km long 200 mm² AAAC line from the new UETCL Kanyambeho 132/33 kV S/S in Fort Portal up to the switchyard of Sindila HPP with a T-off for future connection of Ndugutu HPP. Rehabilitation of 33 kV OH-line 100 mm² incl. exchange of 95 km damaged poles.
Lot B:- Construction of a new line from Nyamagasani II HPP to the new Kabirizi Switching Station (15 km long 200 mm² AAAC line to Nkenda substation (41 km x two single-circuit AAAC 200mm²). Construction of a new line from Karambi – Kabirizi Switching Station (29 km AAAC 100 mm²
Scope of work
Proess as a Sub-consultant was contracted to provide construction supervision services for the GET FiT Power Evacuation and Grid Interconnection Project in Kasese and Bundibugyo Districts.
- Construction supervision of the works.
- Supervision of geotechnical investigations and analysis of results at required locations.
- Review and approve architectural and structural designs in conformity with the client’s requirements.
- Progress Reports: Input to monthly and quarterly reports.
- Ensure the works are constructed in compliance with good engineering practices and in accordance with the approved designs and drawings.
- Ensure materials and workmanship conform to the contractual specifications.
- Monitor and supervise all obligations of the Contractor regarding environmental, social, health and security issues in accordance with national regulation and KfW-specific requirements